Sunday, June 11, 2017

2nd Ihle Schottenring Car Restored

After 2 summers and working a few hours a week weather permitting I finally finished my 2nd Ihle Car Restoration painted like the one that used to be housed at the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum in GA. Car is almost complete when I found it. Only missing a few trim pcs. and a few of the originals were broken. It does have its rear spinners (not shown) but a wing on each are broken off.

  New old stock Briggs & Stratton 8hp  Flat Top engine, with electric start as an add on. Headlights,  tail light access and volt meter.

 The new owner liked the idea of a dash to operate the car in modern fashion. Single pedal design functions like original. Accelerates and also brakes the car.  See video on Flickr.

It is making its journey to a new home in FL. I will post a few pictures here but if you would like to see more pictures before and after restoration, please go to my photo link on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vintagemade/albums

As I start to slow down on some of the projects I will update the blog and add other interesting projects and finds. Have any interesting minicar projects? Please share. Have fun and God bless!










No comments:

Post a Comment